SATMA Awards were founder by Dr Dumisani Goba in 2005 and were inaugurated in 2006 to bring all races and ethnic groups together through the celebration of our diverse musical cultures and also to eliminate tribalism and other divisive measures.
SATMA AWARDS gives traditional music its rightful status and role in South African Arts & Culture in the preservation of our Heritage.
The SATMA Awards were hosted in KZN at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli ICC from 2006 to 2011. They are now being hosted in the Eastern Cape Province and will take place at the end of September.
SATMA AWARDS are pitched at a national level as they speak to all races and cultural diversification in our country. The SATMA AWARDS slogan “My Culture, Your Culture, One Nation”, was chosen in line with the vision which seeks to unify all ethnic and racial groups as well as Africans within the Diaspora through traditional music and heritage.
SATMA awards to be held in Port Elizabeth
Our Objectives Our Mission
• To promote and develop traditional music across racial ethnic backgrounds.
• To encourage multi-cultural exchanges amongst all the diverse citizens of South Africa
and the world.
• To expose the richness of our traditional music heritage nationally and globally.
• To preserve Traditional music.
• To establish an international Traditional music museum and cultural villages
• To link with cultural organizations with similar objectives within our nation and the world at
• To unearth musical talents through the staging of Road Shows in all the provinces
• To honor freedom fighters and human rights practitioners as one of the promotion of UBUNTU
Bring together various African ethnic and racial groups through the celebration of our diverse musical heritage as we combat tribalism and all the other divisive measures.
Unearthing and developing Traditional Musicians by providing them with a platform that will recognize, honor, award and showcase their God given talents.